• Purdue University Assistant Professor of Agronomy, Shalamar Armstrong, will discuss cover crops impact on water quality, the timing of nutrient release from cover crop residue and cover crop impacts on crop yield.
• Dennis Chessman, an NRCS SE Regional Soil Health Team Leader will talk on the diversity of organisms present in healthy soils, and how a healthy soil ecosystem contributes to important soil functions.
• Kris Young, Williamson Insurance Agency, will give an update on crop insurance and how you can align cover crop with crop insurance.
• Independent Ag Consultant Joe Nester will share his experiences with cover crops, soil health and ways to work them into your operation.
• Williamson Insurance Agency’s Greg Owens, will give an update on crop insurance for malting barley.
• Karen Chapman, an Agricultural Sustainability Manager with the Environmental Defense Fund will discuss the NutrientStar program and how growers and advisors can use the program to make effective nutrient management decisions.
• Outside demonstrations and discussions—Explore the cover crop plot, tour Dean Farms new seed distribution facility, view cover crop application equipment, and visit with our Field Day Sponsors.
$20 Registration fee at the door
RSVP to Dean farms office @ 419.636.5544 or email@example.com